Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finally Happened!!!

I can't believe that after 2yrs and 9 months of trying we are finally PREGNANT!!!!!!   It's really hard to believe that it did finally happen and I have in fact peed on all of my 20 or so HPT's and all have come up +!!!  Now they come up + really fast and really dark.  I am no longer dreaming about + HPT's but instead dreaming about the baby that we will have in Jan '12.  I didn't believe that this month was going to work out either.  I surged before my mid cycle u/s and ended up canceling it instead of spending the money so I have no idea now how many follies I had or released.  DH and I only DTD 1 time the day before O.  I just knew our timing was bad and there was no way that this was going to be our month.  Last month I ended up stocking up on pads (cuz they were on sale) and OPK's cuz I figured that I would need them if we had t go through several more rounds with the RE.  So now I will pack up my pads and put them away for future use and I am planning on reselling my OPK's.  I am so excited!!! I can't even begin to explain how excited I am.  We have been trying for so long and now it's finally happening. I had my first beta on tuesday and it came back at 68 and my p4 was 28.6 (I think, I'm at least close).  I had my 2nd beta on thursday but since I choose to go to a lab close to home instead of driving all the way to houston I have to wait till monday for my results. 

So this is how it all went down.......  Friday night (8dpo) I just couldn't help myself or wait any longer to poas so I did.  I was truly expecting a BFN since it was just so early but I just couldn't help myself.  BUT there was a line.....it was super super faint, so faint I thought I was imanging things or that it was an evap line.  So I put it down and didn't think any more about it.  However, I did poas again Sat morning (9dpo).  There was another line....I was in disbelief...again it was faint but it was with FMU.  So a couple hours later with SecondMU I peed on 2 more sticks!!  and the lines were not quite as faint but still faint.  So I asked my DH to come into the bathroom.....my  mom was here visiting for the weekend and I didn't want to let everyone in the house know.......So I shut the door and asked DH if he saw the lines too.  He DID!!!  I told him I think that I am pregnant.  So I continued to poas throught the weekend with it getting a little more darker each day.  This all happened over mothers day weekend.  I wasn't ready to tell my mother yet though but I enjoyed my weekend knowing that I was pregnant.    I finally called the doc on Tuesday and they wanted me to drive to houston to get a beta done but I did not want to drive that far and was more than OK to wait for the results.  I am not worried about things and I feel really great.   I have had less symptoms this month than any other month.   So that's my story.

I can't wait to tell Kaley she is going to be so excited.  However, I am also trying to get a premanent teaching job for next school year so I don't want to tell anyone cuz I don't want them to not consider me cuz of being pregnant plus I am only 4wks along....well my long point is that Kaley is a blabber mouth and has no ability to keep a secret.  So I plan on telling her the weekend after school is out. 

1 comment:

  1. Taryn, this is such wonderful news! A HUGE CONGRATS to you and your whole family. It gives me so much hope to see women with PCOS like me get their BFP's every day. I wish you the very happiest and healthiest 9 months! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete