Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One door closes and another opens.......

Well the time has almost come to end our ttc journey....at least for a little while. We have been trying for 19 months with as many can tell no luck. So the decision was made to put this journey on hold and instead concentrate on losing some weight, in hope of that improving our chances when we start ttc again. This decision was not done lightly and didn't come easily. Having a child weighs heavy on the heart of many women including myself and especially of those who have difficulty. However, losing some weight should...at least we hope....help in that journey. I have given myself 6 months and will be going on the pill. This decision was made because I am paying for my health insurance out of pocket and it is so expensive so by not ttc any more I will be dropping the insurance...in hopes of saving some money. I will be looking for a new teaching position so I can also spend this time working on that. The biggest part of my decision is that I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrone) and being on the pill will help control my symptoms and give my ovaries a well deserved rest....which again will hopefully help in ttc when we are ready to start trying again.

I will hopefully begin the pill on Sunday....just waiting for the dreaded af.....☺

So as one journey is ending...at least temporarily...another will be beginning. The new one will not be any less difficult than the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment