Saturday, March 27, 2010

10000 steps!!!

So the first week of this new journey seemed to be going pretty good....I lost a pound and I was sticking to this low-gi food plan. Well then here comes spring break.....and welll......you probably guessed it.....I blew it...I gained back that 1lb plus a couple more so.....I was not only back to were I started I now had 16lbs to lose to meet my goal instead of 14. URG!!! So my brilliant idea was to not only track my calories but I decided to buy a bodybugg...you know those armband things that they were on the biggest loser. My thought was that maybe this way I will be held accountable for my activity throughout the day or rather my lack of activity. One of the things that this nifty little device does is it works as a pedometer and my goal, as of right now, is to get in 10,000 steps a day. Well, at first this seemed impossible....I mean really how far does one have to walk to get this ridiculous amount of steps in? I was falling short and by the way I wasn't really exercising. So, I have started walking for at least 60 mins every day and I seem to be able to hit this mark, especially if I have a job that day. Well, today with going to the park and walking on the beach, albeit leisurly, I still have not reached my mark. I am at 9758 at 11pm. I have found myself trying to come up with whatever I can to just reach this goal. I go the long way through the apartment to reach the kitchen or walk around the parimeter of the kitchen to throw something in the trash. Now, really how many extra calories does this really burn?? What is the point of this really?? I think for me it is just accomplishing a goal and being consistent with it. If I can reach this outrageous goal of 10,000 steps a day maybe, just maybe I will be able to reach that first goal of losing 14lbs and then the second goal of losing another 14lbs and so on. I am hoping for a domino effect. Oh, and by the way.....I have lost those extra 2lbs plus am down another 2lbs since acquiring this little device. Must be working.

Maybe this is all in my head or maybe this little gadget is really helping...either way it seems to be giving me the motivation that I need to get up and exercise, which is something that I was struggling with. So here I go, walking towards my 10, 000 steps and even more important reaching my weightloss goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment