Thursday, April 29, 2010

Management?!?!?!?!

Well, it's been awhile since I updated but it is almost the end of April...April 29th to be exact and I am down 11lbs and am 3 lbs away from reaching my first goal. That alone is very exciting!!!! I can do this.....I can, I can, I know I can!!!!! That is what I always tell my students when they start complaining that they can't do something......so I am going to practice what I preach.

So, I am walking almost everyday. I read somewhere that it takes 30days to create a new habit so even though I took today off....I feel that it is important that I do walk everyday so that it does become a habit. I want exercise and eating well to be my way of life and the only way for this to happen is by being consistentant. It is funny that I am saying that now because it is a lesson that I learned the hard way last year as a teacher. Consistency is the key to management......management of your life, management of your weight, management of you health, and management of your classroom!!!

I am excited about my progress and have so many aspirations as I continue to progress. I want to be able to ride a bike again. I would love to become a runner down the road.....I was always envious of those who could run since I have had asthma since childhood and running has always been difficult. However, it is not as bad as an adult as it was as a child so I feel with the weight loss that it would be a manageable thing to do. There is that word again....management. I am thinking that the theme of this post is management.

Management is a funny thing. You must have it to avoid choas but there are so many things in life that we mismanage such as our weight. The what happens when we mis-manage something is that it spirals out of control and most of the time you don't even realize it. One day I was a healthy 150 and then next day I woke up and out of the blue was 225lbs.......whoa what happened??? Mismanagement that's what happened.

Well, I have gotten completely off track with this post......The point was that I have been having success. I am on my way to meeting my first goal and on to the next.

May has a lot of great things to come. More weightloss, alot more work...yeah, and our trip to Disney World. I pray that a job will come or some kind of opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment