Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Within My Grasp

Well my first weightloss goal is within my grasp.  My first goal remember was to lose 14lbs.  I actually reached that goal and was on my way to working on my next goal but I was side tracked by LIFE.  It seems that the truth about alcohol is that it in fact can derail your weightloss goals.   I had a wonderful weekend with my wonderful husband and enjoyed the weather that comes along with living at the beach and it included having a few Margaritas.  Now I am not a heavy drinker nor do I drink that often, but a good margarita with salt on the rim is hard to resist.  Unfortunately those wonderful Margaritas equaled a gain of 3lbs.  Yes that is right 3lbs back on.  So that goal that I met and was so proud of went right through my fingers and out the door.  Now I have to work extra hard to retake of those extra pounds and keep the weightloss going.  Now I know some of that weight is water weight becuase of the extra salt but it goes to show just how empty those alcohol calories are and just how determental they can be to anyone's weightloss.  Oh, I forgot to mention that I also went to my favorite restaurant -- The Olive Garden, with my daughter.  We had a good time and enjoyed each others company and if I would have had just the salad and split the lasagna with her I would have been just fine.   But instead I ordered my favorite appetizer, the smoke mozerella fonduta.  YUM!!! and I ate the whole thing!!  So that might have actually been the culprit to the 3 lbs weight gain but I don't really regret it.  I think that sometimes you have to give in to your temptations in order to stay on track with your goals.  Now am I happy about a 3lb gain that I have to re-lose?  Of course not.  My goal was right there in my hand and I was well on my way to meeting the next goal just to let it slip away.  It is still within my grasp and I will meet it and exceed it and never look back. Oh and by the way, I have lost one of those pounds so my initial goal is within my grasp and 1 lb away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment